Friday, 17 January 2014

Time flashing by .....

A lady at the writers; group said today, "time goes so fast now we are old and slow; yet time is slow for the youngsters who go so fast!" There is a lot of truth in that lol I am of an age where time is spent in not too long intervals between the loo visits. It is so annoying when I am on a roll with the writing and my bottom end has me squirming to get moving! OK, enough of my problems .....

Lots of folk at the group today, thankfully all have recovered from post Christmas sniffles. We had delightful read-throughs of thoughts on 'a typical day', most were very humorous and some had us thinking back to war years and austerity at its worst. Kids these days don't know they've been born - is even truer now than when my generation grew up after the war years.

The last Japanese soldier that held out has died, he did not like the Japan he re-entered after a 30 year delay. I don't think I would be able to make sense of England now if I had been out of it for 30 years. More advanced, but lacking in the social harmony that existed in communities then. No, I obviously don't live in a small community!

I shall be busy this weekend bashing away at the story, re-writing, revising, see you all again Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.