Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

An extra story post for you to celebrate. I would love some comments .....

21
Petar woke shaken. Davi was beside him scanning the area. 2010! He recognised this place.
“Davi?”
“Wait til we get inside Bear Camp Petar. The Rock itself is controlling the jumps from here on in. This must be the safest place.”
The others at the Camp were ecstatic in their welcome of the pair. Beth had been voted ‘honorary second’ unanimously when Davi had last vanished and she and the others were impatient to hear the tales.
Davi had held up his hands as the entire place gathered round them. “Please, we need a few questions of our own answered before we try to untangle our journeys for you all.”
He took a small long object from the side of the Mammoth Hearth where they had automatically gathered.
“Since we are Bear Camp members, sat at Mammoth Hearth for a meeting, we may as well do this traditionally.” He handed Petar the Speaking Stick. “Ask, and you shall be answered as best as I can Petar.”
“Appropriate, esteemed Leader, I thank you for the position of honour. And enough of tradition! Davi, I have so many questions it is hard to put them in order. Approximately WHEN was that place?”
“That was 2510, the ORIGINAL machine. Where I came from.”
“The two brothers were the builders? David (or Dave) and Daryl?”
“Yup. As was I. It’s complicated. Keep going.”
“Complicated doesn’t even begin to describe it! Was this Dave the one who has been adding info to the stone translation?”
“I said complicated, answer to that is yes and no.”
Petar groaned as Davi’s grin rose wickedly. “OK, I’m lost. Tell me what just happened if you can.”
“Ah, the right question at last. As far as I know, and it is pure guesswork so far, the Rock from the 32nd century gave the other the power to scatter the main figures over time. Daryl died destroying the lab. You came back here with TWO Rocks, the final one from 3310 and the one from the original lab in 2510.
“The accumulation of energies went far beyond scattering us back here. It went across time AND space. When Daryl destroyed the thing, it also sent a copy to a far world. How the people of this world managed to understand it and enhance it I can’t even guess at. I do know these people tried it at least, because they arrived in 2189 with the machine, randomly.”
“There are ALIENS in 2189?!”
“Only the two. Their technology is far ahead of ours unfortunately. But on the bright side, they can’t return home without the Primal Rock.”
“And we have that, thanks to you.”
“Yup. Let’s see ‘em anyway.” Petar pulled the rocks from his pockets. He felt the slight warmth; the things seemed to pulsate as he put them side by side. A golden light came from both as they shimmered and formed into one.
Petar watched in awe. Suddenly looking up he saw the pedestal did not bear the stone here.
Beth noticed. “The stone is hidden, we thought it best when Davi last took off on his travels. And if Mitchell is travelling around as well, just as well he doesn’t know where to look.”
“Who says I don’t know where to look then?!” Mitchell stood behind them all, gun raised. Chaos rose. Petar shoved the slightly bigger rock into his pocket quickly and dived for Mitchell’s feet as people panicked. A single shot rang out and Davi staggered clutching an arm.
“Freeze people or he gets it in the head as well!” The tableau froze. “Good. Now, be a good girl Beth and fetch me the rock. NOW!”
Terrified, she ran to the stone and lifted it up revealing the rock shaped space they had carefully carved for the rock that nestled there. “NOW!” Another shot rang out but this was into the ceiling.
The gun levelled at Davi’s head. Beth tossed the rock to Mitchell, who pocketed it and looked at his watch. Petar lunged for him, receiving a swiping blow to the head as a white light flashed and Mitchell was gone.
The people gathered around Davi and Petar to help them. They were in no state to follow, even if they could guess WHEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.