Still going here, extra posts all the way to the 31st. Please please PLEASE comment! Or are your minds just too confused???!!
18
“Mike was WHAT?!”
“A military agent Petar. Lordie knows how they got word of the Primal Rock, but it seems they have been chasing it through the eons. I had my doubts about him for long enough but let them be without proof of wrongdoing. I caught him with a copy of the stone transcription - way out of time - together with bits that weren’t even on the stone.”
“Exactly how was that possible, Davi? I thought WE were the only ones ‘travelling’ - ‘chosen’ as you put it on the disc.”
“That’s the worrying bit. He says he was specifically SENT to Bear Camp 2010, to retrieve the Rock from a time when it was easiest to pick up.”
“Sent from when, Davi?”
“Approximately 2189. He said the military took over the project then.”
“And our task?” He felt a shiver of cold, guessing exactly where they were headed next; but he did not see HOW.
“You look like you already know Petar. We go back to 2189 to retrieve the Rock from the military. Oh yes, we can do it, from HERE. The Rock is at its most powerful here I told you - IT can send us where it wants, back and forward at will - now we have both absorbed enough of its latent energy to reach it across the ages.”
“And Mike was - ‘relieved of duties’?”
Davi laughed. “He was indeed, taken into police custody then hauled out by some highly shadowed military unit.” He sobered. “I heard he went missing from his friends as well. I have a nasty feeling we may meet him again in 2189.”
“I don’t think I am looking forward to my next travel, Davi, not at all.”
They spent the rest of the day talking, exchanging ‘notes’ and laughing frequently. Through the night they dreamt long, knowledge flooding their unconscious minds.
They rose early, Petar anxious for his first view of the Rock in this late era. He was not disappointed. It seemed to radiate an unseen power that was unearthly in the very intensity of the thing.
Petar looked at Davi as thoughts flooded his mind that were not his. Davi smiled and nodded, just pointing to the Rock. This was the thing speaking to them!
Light gathered around them like a cloak. Petar was suddenly told what to do and grasped the Rock hurriedly before they vanished.
No comments:
Post a Comment
please comment, I would love to hear from you.