Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Story part 13

LOOK OUR FOR PART 14 LATER TODAY, BOTH CHAPTERS ARE RATHER SHORT.

13

Dave had finally come to the point where he could no longer cover what he was doing. Lagarto wrung his hands together in greedy anticipation.
“So, something, whatever, a secondary power source, resides here? That much we already knew. But what is it!”
“I think, well guess I suppose, it is obviously spherical by the shape. My memory is still gone, I can’t read the controls. Any help, guys, might give me a sharper guess?”
Slongur nodded. “We can tell you what the controls are, but the original controls were different; that knowledge lies lost on our home world systems.”
“That much makes sense. I think the thing is some kind of - rock. Pure guess, bolt out of nowhere type of thing.”
They did not get, or like, the cutting comment.
“Anyway, Dave, I noticed you had another project of your own going on the other day.” Slongur spoke maliciously. “Something about a stone? With writing on it or similar? I hope it isn’t taking up too much of OUR valuable time?”
Dave did his best not to either stiffen or turn red. He tried to sound icy. “It’s not taking any of YOUR time, Prof, unless I don’t have time to myself at all?”
“No, no, that’s fine, Dave.” Lagarto placated. “Of course you have your own time. We were just curious, you know scientific types, forever curious. It was only noticed because you had not said anything, that’s all. It doesn’t have any, bearing on the project at large, does it, um?”
Slongur watched closely. “Not at all. It’s just something I came across while looking for something referring to spherical objects. I don’t know why, I just find it fascinating. Helps me relax and think.”
“Good, good. Then we will call this an early day, shall we? You can go and relax with your symbol writing and return refreshed in the morning.” Slongur gave a strained smile.
As Dave left the two lowered their voices so he could not hear.
“He is LYING, Lagarto, I know it!”
“I agree brother, he is not only lying he is playing us at our own game. I think it is time for total surveillance, don’t you?”
“As I TOLD you long ago, brother mine. We shall see what ‘David Grey’ does in his own time.”

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY HEALTHY PROSPEROUS 2014 TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.