Thursday, 26 December 2013

Story part 15

Hope Santa was as good to you all as he was to me and that you had a wonderful day. More turkey for dinner here, a re-run in fact lol

15
Dave was well aware he was now watched more closely than before, he just did not realise how closely.
The game was up. He was shocked to see the pair waiting as he exited the service tunnel back into the restricted area.
“An interesting night, Dave, most interesting. You know where the rock is?”
“What, Prof Lagarto? What are you talking about?”
Slongur snarled a truly feral sound. “DON’T TAKE US FOR IDIOTS! Nightly visits to the ancient place, hidden research about the Primal Rock: NO SHARING OF THE DISCOVERIES!” He calmed and gave a slimy smile. “As agreed, long ago, Dave. We have kept our promises, have you?”
“No, he has not, Slongur. He has been underhand and devious and scheming.”
“And the pair of you have NOT?!” Dave reckoned attack was his best form of defence. Never mind they were right, he knew enough to recognise a threat to his world when he saw it - now.
“So what, I’ve an interest in the Bear Camp. I DON’T REMEMBER! Things keep coming back at random. The machine is familiar and unfamiliar. OK, the rock thing seems to be connected somehow. I DON’T KNOW HOW! If you had any sense instead of suspicion you would realise I wouldn’t talk about it until I had something concrete to give you.”
Lagarto stroked his chin thoughtfully. “Which does not explain your visits outside in the dark and exploration of the area, Dave.”
“OK. I need fresh air. This place is claustrophobic. I LIKE THE VIEW AT NIGHT. Explorations are interesting, I need something DIFFERENT to do than work in here. Come on, cut some slack. IF I find the thing, I PROMISE to tell you. I don’t believe I am that far from it now anyway.”
He knew full well if the thing was where he thought it was, he couldn’t keep in safe in any case. It would be in full view of their surveillance equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.