Thursday, 12 December 2013

Had a jolly afternoon

Time of the week to visit mum again, this week she was in dining room participating in the bingo. Bingo with a difference. The cards were marked with song titles and a tape was played with snippets. Mum won a packet of buttons. Out of the whole room , 12 or so, only three were capable of 'marking' their own cards even if half were singing away merrily with the snippets!

I was a bit worried to see mum apparently crying, but the carer said she had been like this for the whole day - weeping over nothing and then cheery as a button the next. She was happily 'lala-ing' when we left.

My sister in law had two bags to exchange with me - both light. My one heavy bag barely fit into the car boot. I am now anxious that she likes the quilt.

The family cards are now pride of place over the fire, whilst the few others arrived will have to wait for me to renew the card hangers. I will find the old ones as soon as I replace them I know.

How is your shopping doing? I only have the store cupboard and fresh stuff to get. Need to clear the cupboard first though, I dont think the half jar of mayo will be 'fresh' enough after lounging hidden and not in fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.