Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Tuesday beginning story

As promised, first taste of one of my books. Please enjoy ........ FORWARD “To think, we have aliens - devious, conniving aliens at times - to thank for our good fortune, Dave.” “Dang whole nightmare had me thinking I was too for a while Pete!” He took another long draught of beer and smiled at his friend. “But we aren’t far short off it, are we?” Pete laughed and grinned. “Well out of time, yeah, but who’s to know? I like the world that I’m in now. Primitive by your birth standards, as far from primitive as you can get by mine. This place is magic!” Dave became serious for a moment. “And where by theirs? They integrated here well enough, they seemed happy though, back to their ‘roots’. And who knows it’s impossible to rule out there IS some of their DNA in us! Talk about magic/technology. Yes, yes, WE know, but we’re not about ‘inventing’ stuff that far out of its natural time scale, are we? Are we?” Pete grinned wickedly. “I’m not sure of that yet, Dave. Some of the stuff could be a real big help here and now. Stop looking like that! Of course I agree with you, but surely a little, teensy weensy thing like a transit badge couldn’t hurt?!” “Yeah, or a working replicator, guess not, Pete, guess not.” He grinned back. “Now we have all the time in the world to think about it, money no object, military off our backs. Time to visit the women, you reckon?” “Sure thing. And talk them into moving to our private idyll of an island with all the modern comforts this world can afford, and more. I half think they’ll be expecting no less anyway!” They laughed again, drank up and exited the old fashioned boozer and light signalled a flying cab from the wide sidewalk. They would carefully invite a few others to join them over time and see the rest set up for the future. Which was now there without threat ….. Life was good, and could only get better from here ……

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.