Hope you are all still enjoying this, and thank you for your patience in the long wait last week.
31
Dave was about to make his way back ‘upstairs’ when Slongur and Lagarto appeared in front of him.
“Glad to see you again, Dave, very glad indeed. The lab is not a good place to be at the moment.”
“Um, really. OK gentlemen, you have found me in my hidden lair. Now what?”
“Nothing, Dave, nothing. You already know we are not the colonel’s friends. Two strangers have just materialised - one who looks very like yourself…”
“Davi! Davi is HERE?!” Robin could not contain her joy.
“Ah, ladies. We thought as much, Dave. The colonel has the entire complex under search as we speak. We took the precaution of following your hidden track of course, as well as closing or barring doors on the way. They will NOT make it this far.”
“Then I feel I need to be there this time. I don’t know why, I just do. Like when I dug down here for no apparent reason!”
He turned to Robin and kissed her briefly. “That’s for now, I intend to return for more. Oriana, Robin, please make these gentlemen at home. I suddenly TRUST them. Gentlemen, in case the militia do make it down here, please take care of the ladies and that rock over there. Yes, that is the real one.”
“No, Dave, we have to return with or without you. Mitchell is still at large as it were; if he returns our two new friends will need all the help they can get.”
…………
The colonel had lost his temper eventually and fired a single shot. Poor Davi now had a second bullet wound in his body, in the thigh this time.
“NOW will you tell me where the rocks are?”
“Go take a running jump,” Davi muttered through clenched teeth.
“That might be a good idea!” Lagarto announced from the door, Slongur behind him holding a reluctant looking Dave.
“Gentlemen. I thought you, too, were gone. And the reluctant Mr Grey too.”
“As if, colonel!” Slongur smirked. “This is our project, even if you think it is yours. It goes nowhere without us.”
“Maybe. And me too. You didn’t get that far without me, did you?” Dave smirked, trying to assess the situation. “But we don’t want INTERFERENCE, do we gentlemen?”
“My presence is not interference, Mr Grey, it is insurance.”
“Insurance that seems intent on gaining information by violence.” Lagarto spoke, looking at Davi who was being supported by Petar.
“Yeah,” Davi moaned, “First Mitchell, now his puppet master. OK, I’ve had enough. Get me some help and I’ll talk.”
“No!” Petar shook.
Davi stopped him. “Petar, the chase is up. These people here should be our friends; we owe them the tale at least.”
Slongur clapped in delight. “Yes! We are friends! You must tell us everything!” Turning to the colonel, he added, “We shall escort our friend to the medical facility colonel. You may send your own escort with us if you wish - we are not disappearing again!”
“Yes, do so. No one is going anywhere further now. I trust you, remember that, my men are needed here, with the machine.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
please comment, I would love to hear from you.