27
Dave was true to his word and found a way to smuggle the women out of the restricted area and down to the lower Bear Camp remains without being seen. He had suddenly found it ridiculously easy to configure the surveillance forming several blind spots around the complex.
His only problems arose keeping the two inside his blind spots - the brief glances at the outside and the recreation areas were proving irresistible to the curious and enquiring women. He breathed out in relief as they reached the point where the surveillance ended. And the women groaned when they saw themselves being led deep, deep underground.
“Where are we Dave?” Oriana asked as they finally stopped inside a long and wide chamber.
“Don’t you recognise it?” He grinned as he released several ‘star globes’ from a low store box. The place lit up in welcoming white light.
“Oooooh, Bear Camp!” Robin shouted in delight.
“Yup, not just Bear Camp as you know it, nor the replica outside of the lab complex, but the ORIGINAL Bear Camp; miraculously preserved over the millennia. And that rock on its stone pedestal is also original - at least it’s the one Mitchell brought back from 2010. I liberated it with a bit more difficulty than I have just had with you two.”
Oriana blinked in the light, looking round in new appreciation. “Yet Bear Camp with more than a touch of modern comforts I see.”
“But of course, ladies, did I not promise to look after you? As many comforts as I could safely bring down here unseen at least. Amnesiatic I may be, but I FEEL things are moving and I wanted a bolt hole of my own when the proverbial hits the fan up in the lab.”
Oriana lit the small fire of smokeless fuel in the central hearth and started heating water.
“You got time to tell us what you DO remember, Dave? I make a mean rosehip and honey tea.”
“And I make mean drop scones once my sister gets the fire and tea going well Dave.”
“In that case I shall stay just long enough, ladies. It’s about time I had some rec time with pleasant company.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
please comment, I would love to hear from you.