Thursday, 27 March 2014

coat on, coat off

The weather is atrocious at the moment. I know the forecast said so, but still .....

I put my coat on and put the purse in the shopping bag, making it to the front door just in time to hear the first peel of thunder overhead and ducked just in time to miss the first huge raindrops. I closed the door as the heavens opened. Coat off again, kettle on.

One lovely cup of coffee later, I decided to try again as it had miracolously gone dry outside. BANG overhead again. I didn't need to turn to hear the windswept downpour. Coat off again.

Now I put my 'cottage pie' dinner together- layers of veg,mince and topped with diced potato. Yum, I had to have a small taster of course. Visit to the bathroom, coat on again. Managed to get to the end of the street this time, wow - the wind nearly blew me off my feet as another BANG rent the air. One quick sprit later and I was not thoroughly soaked through.

Coat off and hung to steam slightly. Kettle again and another coffee. It has gone dry again - but the coat is staying firmly where it is. Dinner is made, I don't need to go out until tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.