Sunday, 14 September 2014

A full month later

It is only a month since I underwent the cancer surgery, good grief where has the time gone - and how the time drags at the same time.

Take it easy I am told from every direction. Easier said than done, believe me. I FEEL fine, I have lots more energy than ever, but I am confined. Travel - that I love so much even short distances - is now severely curtailed for the next few months. Travelling with even healing/healed wounds is not a good idea until I am more or less over the whole follow on process.

I want to be out and about, taking trips to Newcastle, Sunderland and the MetroCentre, to start early Christmas shopping. I know full well I won't be able to do so once the crowds appear. But it was an eye opener getting to the hospital in Gateshead early morning in the rush hour. Not recommended.

The very short trips into town will have to suffice for now, I just need someone to sit and share the coffee with over a long afternoon. Ah, coffee, what a good idea ..... now to carefully load the kettle with just enough so I can lift it safely lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.