Wow, now finally being able to wind down from the nightmare life has become.
It is time for some good news .....
I have just attended my post-op review. The consultant is extremely pleased with both wound and associated swelling (it looks horrendoius to me, but then what do I know). The nodes he took out are CLEAR - woohoo!!! I do not required either radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Bet you can hear the sigh of relief half way around the globe at that lol. I need to take the most disgusting tasting tiny tablet for five years before I can be declared cancer free.
I am extremely sore as my chest tries to settle back to 'normal' again. Another two weeks of initial healing and I will begin the reconstruction process. I hope this will not be half as painful as the mastectomy has been. I am pleased to know it will not take many visits to bring the skin back to a 'B' cup size again, and the follow up op to implant a permanent thing will not be the ordeal I have already gone through.
I would be dancing if my chest would allow it - as far as I am concerned I am now cancer free. I will not let my mind-set turn negative from here.
Wot - no one bought a book? Well, I did hope, sigh. Now to get the muse awake and creating again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
please comment, I would love to hear from you.