Wednesday, 7 May 2014

next bit

I hope this story will give you all a little chuckle, here is the second bit.

Hi, readers, I’m Socks. This initial bit Mitzy has got our human to describe comes a lot nearer the end of our story than the beginning. I arrived at Mitzy’s home as a bedraggled small lump of mangy fur that had lived all of its life out on those very hills. Mitzy was a full-grown mini poodle in her prime when my sorry older kitten form entered her life. Yes, we were both horrified! It took months for me to learn to behave as a house cat should behave.

Well, if you had grown up wild you wouldn’t take to prison would you – even a gilded one. Even when I learnt to ‘obey’ (ha, that’s a good one!) I caused mayhem and disruption. I did learn quickly not to try keeping my claws sharp on the furnishings; a swift bat with the broom was all it took. Some humans may think they treated me cruelly, but I needed it. I would have thought less of them if they had put up with it.

Mitzy was a real cat’s dream of a foil. Mini poodle, such a stupid hairstyle they gave her, and as dumb – even dumber – than a snail. That’s being kind to the snail by the way. But Mitzy had a mother’s instinct about her and tried to take me under her wing. Oh boy how I fought this! But Mitzy usually dodged out of the way before my claws claimed more than a scratch and still came back for more.

Our first real fight was over the food. Wild thing that I was, there was never enough food and I gorged on everything put our way – including Mitzy’s share of course. This was one of the main things the little dog would not stand for, and I was initially shocked when her own claws were shown. This once, I lost! I lost, to a dog, and a mini sized one at that! All the stray mutts and visitors to the hills had long since known to avoid my extra sharp talons. We settled into an uneasy truce at that, Mitzy’s food bowl was well out of bounds, but the water bowls could be shared if need be.

Then the birds arrived in the garden as a new feeder went up. They lined up and mocked me no end, being inside where they were safe outside. I climbed the curtains and rested on the sill. Mitzy knew it was wrong, and tried to get me down. That started a fight again. Our female human came in and screamed in shock as the curtain shook. Well, I panicked and took off up the thing, ending up with my big claws stuck firmly in the wooden rail at the top, dangling like a proper fool but unable to move.

Why she blamed Mitzy for getting me up there I still haven’t figured out. The poor mutt was locked in the cage while I yowled in pain. It took three firemen to calm me and cut the pole enough to free me! I had feared losing my claws!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment, I would love to hear from you.